Bruce's Book 'Whole Bible Christianity'

There are lots of these out here in computer land. What makes this one different? It is not flashy or graphically active, nor is it loaded with people who know everything. You won't find all the answers to every problem, because that is God's territory. Here is a group of people who care, and we simply offer whatever understanding of the Word we have for the hopeful benefit of others.

Bruce's Book 'Whole Bible Christianity'

Postby Bruce Bertram » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:31 am

Finally, the book I've been working on for several years is very close to being ready. All I need to do now is scrape some money together to get it published. I think I'll go with self-publishing because that's probably the only way it will get done.

I thought I had a publisher interested, but they seem to be unable to pursue it at the moment because they've been bought again by a company in the UK and they are going through an upheaval.

Anyway, it's now on the website Here. I put up each of the chapters in pdf format so you can read them online. Or you can print them out for your own personal use.

If you want to help send me an email. We need to get the manuscript professionally edited, then some cover art done. I've got some ideas for that. If you can help with reading and letting us know about spelling or other mistakes that would be great too.

This book hopefully will give us whole Bible Christians a framework for communicating our principles to the standard Christian.

Shalom
Bruce
Bruce Scott Bertram - http://www.wholebible.com
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory.
Bruce Bertram
Site Admin

Re: Bruce's Book 'Whole Bible Christianity'

Postby Steve » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:40 pm

Great news, Bruce! I'm anxious to see it...umm, however, clicking on the link only gets me to a "404 Not Found" page. :( I see you've made it accessible from the WB home page, though. Cool!
Blessings,
Steve
"...the moment a man is something, he is essentially defying everything." -G.K. Chesterton
Steve

Re: Bruce's Book 'Whole Bible Christianity'

Postby Bruce Bertram » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks for the encouragement and the heads up, Steve. I think the link works now.

Let me know what you think. I'm sure it could use some work still. One of the reasons it took so long was that I had to learn how to write. The first several drafts would put people to sleep. Even my wife didn't want to read it. She only made it through the first couple chapters. Nothing like a ringing endorsement like that from your wife to send you back to the drawing, um, writing board. :)

She was right, though. The first draft was just too technical and wordy. It might still be that way too. I had to re-write until I got the Flesch-Kincaid readability up to 71.2 and the grade level down to 7.1 (the first grade level was like 13 or something, which means you'd have to be in that grade to understand it if you didn't already know). Sentences per paragraph is now 4.7, words per sentence is down to 16.4, and characters per word is down to 4.2. Not bad for 69,014 words and 4,125 sentences.

I think one of the big reasons I can't seem to get the grade level down any further is because of the 700 verses I quote directly. Most Bible translations shoot for about that level I think.

I started out trying to keep it short, and the first drafts were around 250 pages. Except there wasn't enough explanation. And there were some logical gaps here and there too. One editor who gave me some friendly advice said I needed to write more. So I went back and tried to smooth things out and went up to 307 pages. But if you find yourself using it to fight insomnia, don't be afraid to say so.

Shalom
Bruce
Bruce Scott Bertram - http://www.wholebible.com
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory.
Bruce Bertram
Site Admin

Return to Searching The Scriptures