Matisyahu

Music plays such a large part of our lives and worship together that it seems good to us to provide a place to talk about it. Post links to web sites, write a review, or share some of what you have written. Try to keep the posts within genres or artists that are 'good' meaning material that is edifying or expressive rather than simply noise or garbage.

Matisyahu

Postby Bruce Bertram » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:25 pm

We've talked a little before about this guy. He does a lot of reggae and beatbox rap. I'm not a big fan of either, but some of it is alright.

In the last few years he has changed somewhat, and his newer stuff is more appealing to me. Check out this tune especially from 2009.

One Day

We also embedded the video on the home page of wholebible.com if you didn't notice already.

He used to be in the Chabad movement (hyper-orthodox Judaism) but has recently shaved off his beard and says he is looking at other expressions of faith.

I've got a couple of albums on my Amazon wish list. One is titled 'Light' and one is 'Youth.' Some pretty good stuff if you're interested.

Shalom
Bruce
Bruce Scott Bertram - http://www.wholebible.com
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory.
Bruce Bertram
Site Admin

Return to Music