Whole Bible Christianity

In here we discuss books we have read both fiction and non-fiction. They don't have to be directly related to religion or the Bible or a particular faith, though they should be productive or edifying. But that doesn't mean just 'serious' books because entertainment can be productive or edifying also. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

We also discuss courses of study that contribute to our understanding of the Word as well as to prepare for leadership. These might be on CD or DVD or just printed, or a combination of all formats. It could be a college course or a one-time seminar.

Whole Bible Christianity

Postby Bruce Bertram » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:43 pm

I have completed the first booklet in a two-booklet series. It is titled Whole Bible Christianity and is available now. The next booklet will be titled 'Whole Bible Living' and will be more on application. The first one is a pretty detailed description of what I think a whole-Bible Christian believes. It has the sections listed below.

The Christ in Christian
Jesus In The Old Testament
The Name 'Christian'
What's In A Name?
A Hyphenated God?
God In The Flesh - The Trinity
Salvation by Grace Through Faith
Salvation
Grace
Faith
Faith Alone
Bible
Other writings
Scripture Alone
Interpreting the Word
Translation corruption
Whole
One word or promise from God
Old and New are men's labels
All God's Word for Everybody
One body or people
Jews and Judaism
The Messianic Movement
Jewish Root?
The 'Whole' New Covenant
The Law
All God's Word is Torah
Can't Do the Law
Law is a Curse
Legalism
Judaizing
What Purpose Law?
Don't Just Stand There
God's Law a Discipleship Method
God's Law is Still a Tutor
God's Law is Our Foundation
God's Law is Love
Obliged to Follow
Tradition
Elemental Principles of the World
Community or Congregational Tradition
Torah Tyrants

It is written in a pretty basic style, with the idea in mind that people will be reading it that need things stated plainly (due to lack of teaching in the church). I also take great pains to define as much as I can, such as the sections on Salvation, Grace, and Faith. I also try to touch on some of the major arguments against a whole-Bible lifestyle (the standard anti-law objections such as 'Law is a curse' and 'Can't do the law'). I made it a point to couch some language in Reformation terms, such as the sections on 'Faith Alone' (sola fidei) and 'Scripture Alone' (sola Scriptura). It probably needs more work, which it will be receiving as I plan on trying to get both booklets published as one book. Eventually.

It is in pdf format, about 60 pages (15 sheets folded in half and printed both sides in a large font). With my printer I print the odd pages then put the sheets back in to print the backs. If you would like a copy let me know. Feel free to read it and give feedback. It will be much appreciated.

Shalom
Bruce Scott Bertram - http://www.wholebible.com
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory.
Bruce Bertram
Site Admin

Postby golfnerd » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:48 pm

send it on. 8)
Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
golfnerd

Postby Cindy in Wisconsin » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:37 am

I'd appreciate a copy, too, Bruce. Thanks for doing all this work and sharing it with us!
Love in our Messiah,
Cindy in Wisconsin
The LORD is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusts; so I am helped, and my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to Him. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Yeshua the Messiah, He is LORD!
Cindy in Wisconsin

Return to Books or Courses