Whole Bible Doctrine Short List
This is the short list of doctrinal beliefs held by The Word of God Ministries. The list with more explanation is HERE, and scattered throughout the site in articles.
Short List of Doctrinal Beliefs of The Word of God Ministries
This is the Won't Make It To Mainstream ministries short list of doctrinal beliefs. It is just a series of statements on what we believe minus the explanation of the Doctrinal Specifics page. Hopefully this will be a quick reference for those who need such a thing. They are numbered in no particular order of importance because they are all important. For more extended explanations go to the Doctrinal Specifics page and pick the heading you are interested in.
- We believe that God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but we do not believe the trinity quite the way it is usually represented.
- Jesus is God in the flesh.
- The entire Protestant cannon we receive as the Word of God, inerrant in the original languages.
- God fills the believer with His Spirit and gifts are sometimes manifested first through His Word, then through more mystical processes. If a person teaches something against the Word the Spirit is not with that person.
- We use the Literal interpretation method for the Bible, which we define as the meaning the author intended. There is only one meaning although there are many applications (or significance).
- The Bible is one book, not two testaments.
- Salvation is by grace through faith.
- Faith without works is dead.
- The Torah (Instructions) of God (first five books) is a valid discipleship method and lifestyle for the believer.
- The Satan is a fallen angelic being with great power who has usurped rulership over the earth from God. He is not the brother of Jesus.
- Israel has not been replaced by the Church, but is still the focus (after the Messiah) of God's plan on earth and heaven.
- The visible church is not the biblical Remnant, but some of the people in the church are part of the Remnant.
- The Remnant consists of people who choose to follow God by living as He dictates and are scattered throughout the world among the Gentiles and Jews. It has always existed from the beginning.
- Community government should be by a group of leaders rather than one man. The community charter or constitution is the Torah.
- We use Promise Theology, which is based on Biblical Theology, for those who know such things and want to know where we stand in shorthand form. We do not agree with Covenant Theology or Dispensationalism.
It's a God thing.